Friday, January 9, 2009

Horrorfest 2009 - Friday

Today is by far going to be the goriest day of the festival. No comedies today. Well sort of. I guess there is one but its one of the goriest movies ever made. This is going by way too fast. Just one day to go after this. Here our lineup for day 5:

10:00AM - Night of the Living Dead
11:40AM - Grindhouse
3:00 PM - Dead Alive
4:25 PM - Nightmare on Elm Street
6:00 PM - Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Original)
7:25 PM - House of 1000 Corpses
9:00 PM - Audition
10:55PM - Descent

Scott will be joining me again today. He insists that when Rob Zombie made House of 1000 Corpses he completely ripped off Texas CHainsaw Massacre. I disagree. Therefore I had to put them back to back so we can debate this fact. Also today we have Night of the Living Dead. My personal favorite zombie movie of all time. Grindhouse is a Gorehouse, and Dead Alive as I said before may be a comedy but its gorier and more disgusting than most of the movies I'm watching. Anyway today I am going to leave you with a trailer for what is one of my favorite horror movies, Audition. This is a Japanese film which is in subtitles but it is one messed up film.



In this movie the main characters wife dies and years later his family and friends convince him to start dating again. His friend works in the movie business and they decide to set up a phony audition for a movie for him to meet women. The one he falls for though is a little more than he bargained for.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Great choices for today. Night of the Living Dead is my all time favorite movie. I know the remake has a following out there, but it makes me cringe at how bad it is.

The sequals were good, the remakes of the sequals weren't great. But none of them have the same feeling due in large part to color film.

There are some great horror films in color, but I think black and white does a much better job.

I absolutely loved House of 1000 Corpses. I agree with you, there are some similarities between it and Texas Chainsaw, but I don't see it as a copy. Both good movies.